I don’t think I’ve ever completed a single New Years resolution.
Setting such specific goals for such a long time frame is just way too unrealistic. If there are any NY resolutions that I haven’t yet given up on in March, I’ve probably just forgotten about them.
Not to mention I think the whole celebration of the new year is slightly overrated… but that’s another post all on it’s own.
What I’ve decided to do this year is not to write down some goals for the year. Instead, I’m going to set myself some short-term goals. I usually give myself some weekly goals (they’re more like a to-do list, but who are you to judge) to complete anyways, so I thought I would start doing monthly resolutions to complete. Each month, I’m going to write a new post about some new goals I’m going to set for myself. I will also let you guys know how well (or how terribly) I did at completely the previous month’s goals.
I figured that if I actually posted these goals online for other people to see, it would give me less of a chance to ignore them completely.
- Jump back into working out ! There was a time where I actually looked forward to working out and hitting the gym, but somewhere down the road, I lost that mindset along with the ability to fit into some of my jeans. So I decided to not only continue my Yoga journey, but I also got Kaylaitsine’s Bikini Body Guide to working out and eating healthy. I’ve followed her on instagram for a while now, and have been inspired again and again by the before and after pictures of some of her clients. So I finally caved and got her workout guide myself to see what the fuss is.
- Start saving ! One problem I’ve always had (and probably will for a while) is managing my financials. One definite goal I want to try and succeed at this January is to add at least $100 into my savings account. I know that isn’t a lot, but if I could some how manage to add $100 into my savings account every month… then well. I would actually have savings. $100 is my goal this month, so hopefully it will all workout.
- No more soda and dessert for the rest of the month. I did not start out this month well. With 2 cups of ginger ale every time I went into work, and the occasional lava cake (I may have had 2 since January started….) I had here and there, I definitely needed a change. SO. I’ve decided. No more pop and desserts for the rest of the month. I don’t deserve it. Yet.
- Drink more (lemon) water. Another problem that I have is that I don’t drink nearly enough water. This month I’m hoping to get a lot more serious about drinking tons more water and having some lemon water everyday. If you want to know more about benefits of drinking lemon water, you can read this great article here.
- Less Netflix. More blogging & reading. The amount of time that I’ve spent on that website is absolutely despicable. The fact that I’ve already seen 80% of all of the movies I actually am interested in, on netflix, is just ridiculous and nothing to be proud of. Instead, I’m going to delegate my time into reading more from my Kobo ARC, and concentrating more on blogging.
- Stay on top of all classes. My study habits are almost as bad as my Netflix issue. (Yes, I admit I have an issue. Bite me.) If I plan to succeed in my full program this coming fall, I am in serious need of re-vamping my study habits.
What are your new years resolutions this year? Or if you don’t like new years resolutions, like me, what are you short-term goals?
Lots of love,