Did anybody completely forget about their goals as soon as school started to get stressful? Because I know I did. I’m not even going to deny it, I didn’t do so well trying to accomplish my January resolutions. It’s February now, so let’s do a quick round up of how I did.
1. Jump back into working out 4/10 (I did do a lot of yoga this month, but that isn’t really the working out I was talking about)
2. Start saving 1/10 (yeeeaaaahhh…no.)
3. No more soda and dessert for the rest of the month. 5/10 (I had no soda all of january..BUT I did eat dessert a bunch more times…)
4. Drink more lemon water 7/10 (I feel like I did decently well on this. Definitely did not drink it every day like I wanted, but I didn’t do too bad)
5. Less Netflix, more blogging and reading 6/10 (I gave myself a 5 because although I didn’t do LESS netflix watching, I did do a lot MORE blogging. soooooo its a 6. Didn’t read enough though)
6. Stay on top of all classes 8/10 (This one I am actually doing pretty well in)
So my overall completion for January is 51.6%. At least I got more than half? That’s something right? Let’s just learn from this and do better this month!
This month, I decided to name #fitfebruary because I want to narrow my goals down to mostly fitness goals. I feel like if I concentrate on one category of goals, it will help me stay on a track a little easier. Another reason for #fitfebruary is because I recently picked up a Fitbit Flex ! If you don’t know what that is, it’s pretty much an activity and sleep tracker that you wear on your arm. I will be writing a more in-depth post all about my new Fitbit, and maybe a review as well, so keep your eyes peeled for that! SO ANYWAYS, let’s get on with our #fitfebruary goals !
1. Take 240,000 steps by the end of february. My daily steps goal on my fitbit is set to 10,000 steps every day. My goal for this month is to actually fulfill those 10,000 steps a day, so that at the end of this month, (there are 24 days left from today) I will have taken 240,000 steps.
2. Drink 2000 mL of water each day. This will also be something that is tracked on my fitbit. 2000 mL is the equivalent to about 3.38 Dasani bottles of water each day. That seems pretty achievable if you ask me!
3. Start doing heavier work outs ! As much as I love yoga, I use it for more as a meditative “me-time” than a workout. So I promise myself that I will actually start doing heavier workouts this month. Whether that means actually taking my butt to the gym, or doing the BBG workout at home.. I’ve got to start actually doing! I’m going to start small and aim for 2 “heavier” workouts each week.
4. Try to eat healthier. Just try. Whether that means opting out when it comes to fried chicken, or actually ordering healthier options on the menu when you eat out… Just try.
5. Yoga at least 4 times a week. Simple enough right?
Just 5 fitness related goals for this month. Seems easy enough. Now to actually remember these……
How are your resolutions coming along?
Until next time,